Monday, September 5, 2011

No Project Just Popping In

The idea of a long weekend brought all kinds of accomplishments to mind.  Well most of them just didn’t happen.  I have been trying to learn about Lightroom photo editing. I downloaded the free 30 day trial from Adobe for now to see how I like it. 

lr

I do better with video tutorials than self learning so I am viewing Amanda from Everyday Elements Tutorial that I purchased. 

Of course I had to take some photos to edit and my sweet little neighbor happily posed for me even though I caught her off guard while eating ice cream outside.

gentry4

Not bad for impromptu huh?  I am sad because they are moving.  I will miss them. 

I also took a photo of a cute watering can on my porch and added some textures to it.

watercan

Here’s how boring the photo looks without the textures. 

20110903-IMG_2148

I learned about textures at Kim Klassen Café blog.  They are really fun and help you enjoy your creative side with photography. 

I had to get away from the computer monitor for a bit and I decided to try wearing my hair curly which I rarely do.  It didn’t look too bad, but it really reminded me of my hair in the 80s.  Someone said it is making a comeback.  Looks like I will be ready.

tracycurlyhair

Can anyone give me smiling lessons?  Please!  And thank goodness for makeup and photoshop because I am sporting some red alligator skin right now.  I had a breakout that looked like I was a teen again.  I decided to use my teen’s Clearasil.  BAD idea!!!  I had an allergic reaction and my skin burned and itched.  Now it feels like and alligator and looks bad.  The zits are still there too!  Sad smile

I let my curly hair blow in the wind while my son and I drove around in my 73 Karmann Ghia with the windows down and the music cranked. 

When we arrived back home,  it was a beautiful cool night so my son and I took off for a 3 mile run through the neighborhood.

I was stunned at the end when he took off and blew me out of the water and made it home way before me.  This is only the 2nd time he has run 3 miles.  He has really become motivated this school year and I am so proud of him.

Oh and one more thing.  I ordered a smart phone.  I have been wanting one for a long time, but finally made the plunge.  I am pretty excited to play with it when it arrives in the mail. 

Today I think I will try to be domestic and do some cooking.  I better get going and decided what to buy at the store.  Happy Labor Day!

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails