Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Good Karma

Last weekend I made up goodies for my neighbors and I also took and printed some photos for some grandparents down the street of their grandkids.  There are 3 of them.  They range in age from 4 to 11.  Their mom died in an accident 3 yrs ago.  We shared the same name, Tracy.  My son spends a lot of time at the grandparents house.  They treat him like one of their own.  My son’s only grandparent is my husband’s disabled 80 yr old dad so I love that he spends time with the neighbors.

Here’s the kiddos.

Brantley and Gannon.

IMG_0688

Averie.

IMG_1024

I was just finishing dinner tonight when I heard the door open and three sweet voices singing out Merry Christmas.  They brought me some gifts.  My heart swelled.  I opened the first one and it was from Brantley.  Here is the gift tag. 

IMG_1045

Sweet huh?

He pushed a chain through a cross and made it into a necklace.

IMG_1050

All of them gave me a candle.  It smells really good too.  It is still burning right now.

IMG_1031

Brantley and I are going to make his grandma some earrings this week.  I really like these kiddos.  I am glad I get to be a part of their life. 

I know the birth of Jesus is why we celebrate Christmas, but I think this is the other part of Christmas that is so special.   I know I will always remember these little kids as one of my best 2010 Christmas memories. 

Tracy

ShutterLoveTuesdays

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails