Friday, September 3, 2010

Photo Editing

I wanted to share a free photo program with you all.  Donna at Funky Junk Interiors wrote about it months ago.  It is called Picasa.

http://picasa.google.com/

It is very user friendly and helps make photos look better for blog posts.  I thought I would show you a few examples of what it can do. 

I just recently did a fall table.  I took the photos at night.  If you DO NOT use a flash you can improve your photos.  My day photos look about like my night photos in this room because it doesn’t get much sunlight. 

Here is the photo before I edited it and after.

IMG_3772 IMG_3772

Major difference huh? 

In the basic fix program I used the Auto Contrast, Auto Color and Fill Light.   I also used the Straighten.

Here is a another example.

IMG_3769 IMG_3769

I did all of the same things as above but I also cropped this one so that the plug on the left wouldn’t be visible.

And another shot. 

IMG_3773 IMG_3773

Sometimes I think the yellow light kind of warms the photos and I like it, but most of the time I remove it.  I hope this helps if you are having trouble with dark, yellow and crooked photos. 

Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails