Monday, May 10, 2010

Rockin Planter

I finished my rocking chair without a seat project.  I bought a basket at Hobby Lobby but it was too big for the hole in the chair.

004

I really didn’t want a smaller basket so my husband cut the large metal supports out with a wire cutter.  This made the basket more flexible and it could pushed down into the seat. 

I lined the basket with sheet moss before I added soil. 

I found a few little dainty plants today and here it is.

Before

001

After

 

019

 

020

 

027

 

013

 

028

 

023

I am looking forward to the plants filling in and growing over the sides.   

Just a little side note.  I am always complaining about the wind where I live.  Today it blew about 60 mph.  It blew a steeple partially over.

Top Story

And a chimney on a house blew over.

housechimney

Of course it also broke all kinds of tree limbs large and small.  It is crazy!  I am really not liking the wind this year. 

signature2

Linking to

Show and Tell at My Romantic Home

Furniture Feature Party at Miss Mustard Seed

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails