Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rustic Garden Sign

004

My mom had a lake house that she transformed from absolutely nothing to a small oasis in the arid plains of Texas.  It is a feat let me tell you.  Someday I will scan some photos and share them with you.  So when my mom died 10 years ago, one of the things I really wanted was her rustic garden sign that a friend made for her.  

The wood was starting to blend with the fence.

001

So I used some Miniwax Walnut gel stain to darken it up and make it stand out better.   I just painted it on and rubbed it off.  That old weathered wood soaked it up.

005

I hung some garden tools on the hooks. 

005

006

By now you are all starting to believe me when I said I was going to put a #2 on everything in my house.  This one is removable.  I found some vinyl stickers at Walmart.  I just spray painted it green.

These hooks are so cool.  Old nails and twisted metal.

007

011

 

The letters were carved into the wood.  Last year I added the light green paint to make the letters pop.  

010

008

One more fun thing on my fence is an old rusty shovel.  I like old and rusty. 

051

Happy Spring!

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails